Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Wengers and Currys and Sokolans, oh my

So, after showing me a pretty stellar time in Copenhagen and even taking in a 'football' match, it was time to bid farvel to Kenni and Mette.



It was a bittersweet departure, because obviously on one hand I was enjoying my time with them, but on the other it was time to head to a place where debauchery was it's middle name. Amster Debauchery Dam.


So, after a quick night in Hamburg, it was on to the main event. I finally hit my target time for meeting up with Dennis and Stacey (after being really late in London and Paris and slightly early in Prague), only to find that Dennis had now become sick (Stacey had a pretty rough time in Prague due to illness) so we took it easy the first night. Then we met up with a couple of Stacey's friends and took in the Dutch Resistance Museum before showing up half an hour late to our meeting point with Jen. Ever the trooper, she was still waiting for us, so we dispensed with the formalities and made our way to the red light district.

Seeing that we're obviously pimps, Stacey and I fit right in, in Amsterdam.

After an evening of good Christian values and little debauchery, we got up and fit in a full day of the Catboat (ask Stacey), the Flower Market, the Van Gogh gallery, the Heineken Experience and the Anne Frank House.

The 'experience' is mostly beer. This is not a bad thing.

Unfortunately, at some point we all have to return to Edmonton, so after parting ways with Jen last night, it was now time to bid tot ziens to Dennis and Stacey, whose trip was now a couple train stops from being finished.


As for me, it's back to France, where I shall wind out the last week of my trip.

8 comments:

  1. That is a crazy video!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay, you're almost here!! Anna and I anxiously await your arrival. kisses and love!!!

    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dude, that last pic is great...a DVD cover perhaps? How did you get that one? Did Dennis shoot it for you? I'm so glad you saw the Heineken Experiance, after I saw your were in Amsterdam, I wanted to e-mail you a recomendation that you check it out. I miss Amsterdam so much...I suppose this makes me...wait for it...jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Travis.. It looks like you enjoyed your stay in Amsterdam.. No wonder.. I wonder if you ever made it to one of the many wonderful greenhouses that they have in the centre of the city! ;o)

    It was great to have you as a visitor here in Copenhagen, I hope you had a great time even though I dragged you to a football game!

    I hope you'll have a great last week before you go back to Edmonton. Please say hi to everyone I know - especiallyyour lovely family.

    See you within 5 years!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kenni - Thanks again, I had an awesome time with you guys.

    Randy - yes, that was shot by Dennis. Why are his the only shots you like?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Son, Glad to see you are taking in some cultural and historical sights and not just pubs and suds! Amsterdam is amazing, probably too flat for you to be thrilled about motorbiking in Holland. Sounds like you had fun with Kenni (of, course)that guy knows how to have a good time. We're sure enjoying the blog. Luv, Mom and Dad

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loved reading the blog! Sholly

    ReplyDelete