Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Epic Fail

It takes a big man to admit defeat. Right? Well, let's just pretend that it does. For the sake of argument.

I'd like to say that it wasn't for lack of trying, but that would be a lie. The fact of the matter is, it was stressing me out. A lot. And, at the end of the day, this trip is meant to alleviate stress, not create it. So, when I left Spain - and Andorra - without a Russ Challenge picture to my name, I started thinking about ways I could cheat it. The internet, photoshop... anything. But that wouldn't be in the spirit of the challenge,would it? The fact of the matter is that this one got the better of me. I mean, it wasn't called the Russ Cake-walk. If victory was assured then it wouldn't have been a challenge, right?

So, I fully accept the onslaught of mockery that this will result in. And, rightfully so, I do deserve it. The towel has officially been thrown in. The last thing I'm going to say on the subject is this: Sorry, Russ. It was a great challenge. One deserving of a much better man. Unfortunately, this one just didn't have the... well, you know.

5 comments:

  1. Well I don't blame you for giving up. I am sure that the language barrier made it very difficult to complete. Maybe when you get to Amsterdam pick up something nice for Russ but you may have to smuggle it home.
    There was no location or pictures this blog entry. Where are you now?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You just need a wing-man. That is what is lacking here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man, what a surprise, I really thought you would get this done...I am floored really. I just can't imagine a world where T doesn't man up with the ladies. This just blows me away, there must be some explanation, it just doesn't make sence! (Oh, in case you couldn't tell, I was being sarcastic)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Randy chimes in for the first post in a while, and it's to mock me. That's just as shocking...

    Bee - actual post coming up soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, don't you quit on me!! One miss doesn't get you off the hook for the rest of your trip dude. Grab that pair and continue with the challenge!! Mockery will be less if the number of misses are less, dear sir. Get UP, Fairweather! GET UP!!!!

    ReplyDelete