Saturday, August 1, 2009

The Magique Kingdom

Ok, ok... so I know it's not very European. In fact, it's probably downright frowned upon. But it is very Travis, and at the end of the day, isn't that what this trip is all about?

I, of course, refer to the majesty that is Euro-Disney.

Granted it's probably been only 2 years since my last Disney-based trip, and I've probably given that damn mouse more of my money than any one man should in one lifetime. But I can't help it. The heart wants what the heart wants.

Mainstreet USA... France style.

So, the alarm was set, the route plotted out, and the 7 year old girl lurking just beneath my surface fully released. And the best thing about Euro-Disney? They haven't updated their Pirates of the Carribean like in Orlando and California to better match the movie franchise. Old school Pirates is what it's all about.

Enjoying the Big Thunder Mountain Railroad.

I, of course, did Star Tours twice. There's probably no ride on the planet that I have done more in my life than that one. In fact, even though it was completely in French, I still knew it word for word. Although I do miss Pee Wee Herman voicing the pilot droid.

Outside of Star Tours.

Then, when it was time to end the awesomeness parade, I made my way back to the hostel and Dennis, Stacey and I shared one last meal in Paris before we head our separate ways for the next 15 days.


Trying Escargot for the first time.

4 comments:

  1. I'm sorry, but you've been friends with me for what...15 or so years and you have never had escargot...seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Trav

    Your Mom Can Now sleep after several days of high anxiety. Is Disneyland really a good place to meet women? How is the "Cherchez la femme" going? Sounds like you're having a good time!

    Dad & Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so pleased you are doing my challenge.

    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Manny - I don't know if I've ever been to place that serves the 'Cargot. But rest assured, you and I will be getting down on it from now on.

    Rents - I know you have a fever, and the only prescription is more grandchildren, but don't look too much into this Russ Challenge as the solution...

    B-Dot - I'm enjoying the challenge greatly. Happy Birthday (a bit belated)

    ReplyDelete