Monday, August 17, 2009

Czech Ch Ch Ch Czech Ch Czech it out

Reunited after exactly 2 weeks of travelling solo.

Although I had purposely planned this trip in such a way that I could be flexible in terms of where I stayed on which nights, there were a few things that were determined in advance. One such was my reunion with Dennis and Stacey in Prague on the 16th. So, with that in mind, I set out from Switzerland with 2 days to make the Hostel. A logical half way point was Munich, so my decision to stop there was based purely on scientific reasoning, and not even a little bit on the reputation of Bavarian Beers...

The beer's good, but the desserts are none too shabby either...

Of course, on my way to Munich I would be remiss if I didn't stop at the birthplace of low post dominance. Although, I must say, I was fully expecting at least a statue in the town square or something. What gives, Manny? I thought you were their prodigal son. The pride of Kempten. The great blond hope. Maybe they're just overly modest. Like you.

I assume 'Allgäu' is German for 'Birthplace of Manuel Illner'

Anyways, after that inspiring journey, and a night of sexy Bavarian lagers, it was on to the Czech Republic. But then, as I was plotting my route, I noticed something. My little purple line passed temptingly close to Austria. And, seeing that it was only a few miles further to pad my countries visited stats, I soon found my little purple line extended a little further East. Although, I've gotta say, I've been assuming the delightful aromas I'd been taking in have been fertilizer of the pig variety - but, I don't think I've seen a single pig since arriving in Europe. As such, I'm not entirely sure exactly what animals that they're getting their fertilizer from. Quite frankly, I don't want to know. I just hope they aren't farmers in the North...

5 comments:

  1. That cake looks delicious--some kind of Bavarian torte?? I'm so glad you've met up with Dennis and Stacey. Are you having any language problems or are you just not talking? Luv, Mom and Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. speaking of language....are you using your ipod thinger?

    ReplyDelete
  3. you look like you are getting browner my friend...as in colour due to the sun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rents - the dessert was delicious but it was actually in Prague where I was eating it, so I doubt it was Bavarian. Not too many language problems, but yes, that does have a bit to do with my lacking social skills...

    Danica - the iSpeak has come in handy a few times. Thank you kindly.

    Katy - I had a pretty awesome brown going, but most of it is starting to peel, no matter how much I lotion up, so chances are I'll be Casper again by the time I get back.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought the Gorillapod was so you don't have the "myspace/facebook" self picture (arm outstreched) photos.

    ReplyDelete