Monday, July 27, 2009

Day 1

It has begun.

Without a hitch, without a worry, without so much as a hiccup, the trip has begun. Granted without having the day off on Sunday (big ups to Tom for not only generously giving me the day off, but also the entire span of 5 weeks to do the trip) I might still be in my apartment trying to get shit ready. But as it stands, the stars aligned for me, and I now find myself in the most American city that Canada has to offer, having enjoyed a heck of a day with my favorite sister.


But it's not all smiles and sunshine so far... I'm not too proud to admit that the midnight red eye out of Edmonton might not have been the best idea. All the sleep I promised myself that I'd get on the plane was lost in a wave of excitement and nervousness as my gears wouldn't stop turning long enough for me to catch more than an hour of sweet, sexy slumber.

Granted, the whole idea behind the early flight was to be able to spend as much time with the Bonster as I could before slinking off to Europe. But even she might admit that spending 5 less hours with me might have been worth it if I had gotten more than no sleep. That said, once cranky, anti-morning Travis was put to pasture, we ended up having a pretty damn fine time. Of course, I owe it all to my sister's excellent day planning and restaurant selecting that saw us petting string rays at the Toronto Zoo and sucking back 2-for-1 Mango Lassies at one of the finest Indian restaurants that I've been to.


So far, so good. Now we'll see how I on after getting a decent night's sleep...

1 comment:

  1. thats one sexy hat ..... as per our conversation before you left.......FLAKE,FLAKE,FLAKE dont forget to hook a girl up

    ReplyDelete