Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Sigh...

Ok, so, I feel like a bit of a hypocrite. Mostly because I feel that people who aren't very interesting shouldn't pretend that they are by posting the monotony of their lives under the guise of worthy reading. And yet here I am. The epitome of uninteresting - with a shinny new blog for all to enjoy. God, that was pretentious, wasn't it? I need to ditch my holier than thou, too cool for school attitude, me thinks. Why can't this just be fun?

It can.

Ok, fresh start. New mantra. Blogs are awesome.

So, my whole reason for being here is to document my trip to Europe this summer. But Travis, you say, it isn't even summer at all, and yet you're already blogging. Astute observation, my friend. Allow me to hit you with a haymaker of justification: First and foremost, a trip doesn't begin with the flight out of Edmonton. There's a swack-load of preparation to be done, and quite frankly, I haven't done nearly enough of it. Dennis and (mostly) Stacey have put me in a world of shame with their trip planning prowess, and, much like my spread in Playgirl magazine, I like to share my shame with the world.

So, assuming I ever update this thing again, my intentions will be to bring you along for the wild ride that is Trip Preparation 2009. If that doesn't sound interesting to you, well, tough shit. There's going to be a surprize quiz at the end of the week, and if you fail to score 80% or higher your friendship card will be revoked. And, to those of you still navigating away from this page as we speak, don't feel too bad, I probably wouldn't read this crap either. Plus, I wasn't a very good friend to begin with. You're probably better off.

2 comments:

  1. I have every issue of playgirl except that one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great blog, son. I see where you and your sister get their writing skills... from me!

    -Mom

    ReplyDelete