Thursday, May 28, 2009

The Route (thus far...)

After 'why are you so handsome?' the next question I get a lot of is 'so, where in Europe are you going?' I assume that the first question is rhetorical... or sarcastic. Either way, it's best not to look behind the curtain. Once you know why something is the way that it is, the magic is gone. Just enjoy it for what it is, ladies. Wait, what were we talking about, again? Oh, right. Sorry, I guess this blog is going to my head. My sexy, sexy head.

Ahem.

So, my loosely based travel plans are as follows - keeping in mind that much of it is subject to change until I actually book some accommodations. Or if there are any changes that might be made to Dennis and Stacey's plans. Or Steph's plans. Or Jen's plans.

Basically, I fly into Toronto at 6am on July 27th. Why Toronto, you ask, when we have a perfectly good international hub right here in Edmonton? Well, for one, even with an additional flight to Toronto, it's still $100 cheaper overall. And secondly, one of my favorite people in the world lives in Toronto. But seeing that Chris Bosh will probably be in Texas for the summer, I guess visiting my sister will have to do. See what I did there? I made you think I was talking about... ah, never mind, my humour is probably too smart for most people to understand anyways.

So after a day and a half hanging with the B Dot, I'll fly into merry olde London, England on the morning of the 29th. Then I'll make my way to the motorcycle hire agency, unload a boat-load of £'s on them, and hopefully meet up with Dennis and Stacy. Across the channel, through Paris, down the West coast, through Spain, along the Mediterranean back through France, Italy, up through Switzerland, Germany, to the Czech Republic (hopefully meeting up with Dennis and Stacey again) then North to meet up with Kenni in Denmark and over to Amsterdam, then Belgium, back through France (with Steph) and finishing the loop back off in London.

I know what you're thinking; why such a short, boring trip? Well, I like to aim low. Keep it simple. And cheap. It's just how I do.


(The side trip to Denmark is subject to me hearing back from Kenni, and the last leg through France is subject to Steph and her French host's approval and/or better suggestions.)

No comments:

Post a Comment