Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Yeah, yeah, keep your shirt on

I'm flattered, I really am.

So much clamoring for new blog posts really warms my heart. But let us clear the air here, people. What you mistook for laziness on my part was actually a social experiment of the highest degree. I was determined to find out what would happen if I gave you something great (in this case, a blog) then suddenly and without warning took away said greatness. And what was the reward for my pursuit of science? You all labeled me with the worst of all the sins: sloth. For shame. Hours of number-crunching the raw data, late nights putting together pie charts and bar graphs, weekends with my eye buried in a microscope...

Lazy? I think not. More like: Canada's Greatest Hero.

But, I digress. You see, all this talk about laziness has reminded me about the hordes of prep work that I have yet to do. But fear not, Travimaniacs, for I have recently took a big chunk of that prep and turned it into... um... prepped.

So without further adieu*, I present to you the Suzuki SV650:





That's right, the bike with a bigger cult following than L. Ron Hubbard will be my trusty steed throughout Europe. And I know what you're thinking: 'surely this must have cost you an arm and/or a leg.' Well, rest easy my friends, for with my expert skills of negotiation, I was able to convince them to give me the bike for the full five weeks for the price of only four.

...and don't call me Shirley.

* sorry to drop such heavy French on you, but I have to hone my skills prior to arriving in France. In case you're wondering, adieu, or a dieu is French for 'to God'. Which of course means... no, wait a minute... that can't be right.

No comments:

Post a Comment